How to apply for PF(Provident Fund)

I was doing some research on how to withdraw my PF.Its been 3 years since I left service and haven’t still applied.So here is a bit of information which might help. By the way this is a simple copy from couple of informative websites, but anyways since I spent time to navigate to the right information , why not share it.

Procedure to cliam Provident Fund(PF)

1) Download form:

The form Can be found at:

(Download the right form: for eg: I am applying my own PF – so form 19)

2) Read the Instructions carefully

It is a simple form but if you miss any detail the application might be cancelled.Instructions can be found in the FAQ section (

Instructions for a member
while sending  application to Employees’ Provident

Instructions for a member while sending application to Employees’ Provident Fund Organization:


  1. Use the appropriate form for claiming Provident Fund Pension, withdrawal benefit/scheme certificate, Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance
    benefit, etc. as given below :-

  • Form-19 : To claim final settlement of Provident Fund by a member.

  • Form-20 : To claim Provident Fund by nominee/legal heir on death of the member.

  • Form-10-D : To claim pension. (In duplicate : If within state, In triplicate : If outside  state.)

  • Form-10-C : To claim withdrawal benefit/scheme certificate under Employees’ Pension Scheme ’95.

  • Form-5IF : To claim assurance benefit under Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance ’76 by nominee/legal heir of a member.

  • Form-31 : To claim temporary withdrawal/advance under Employees’ Provident Fund scheme ’52.

  • Form-13 : To effect transfer of Provident Fund/Pension from one A/C to another.

  1. Ensure that all columns of the application are filled completely.

  2. Information in the application form relating to name, a/c no. should agree with the details available with Employees’ Provident Fund
    Organization; which were furnished by the employer at the time of enrolling to Provident Fund.

  3. Application should be signed by the member/claimant.

  4. It should be attested by the former employer. In case attestation by the former employer is not possible, it should be got attested by any other
    authorized official specified with application form.

  5. Application for final settlement can be sent by a member on completion of 2 months from the date of leaving service, if the reason for
    leaving service is other than superannuation, medical ground, retrenchment and V.R.S./ Female members getting married etc.

  6. Desired mode of payment can be given legibly, if the amount involved is more than Rs. 2000/-. The amount will sent by deposit in payees’
    bank a/c. To facilitate this, Bank a/c no., name and address of the bank should be furnished. An advance stamped receipt should also accompany this

  7. Application may be supported by the return Form-10, showing the details of leaving service and details of contribution for the year in Form-3A,
    if not sent earlier by the employer.

3) Fill up the form

4) Courier it to your employer/get it attested by any of the following:

  • Manager of a bank.

  • By any gazetted officer.

  • Member of the Central Board of Trustees./ committee/ Regional
    Committee (Employees’
    Provident Fund Organization).

  • Magistrate/ Post/ Sub Post Master/ President of Village Panchayat/
    Notary Public

5) Submit

6) Check your application status online at :

Also a very nice blog clearly stating the procedure and having interactive discussion about PF is here:

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: